Curriculum - CPD
- Early Years
- Effective Provision & Practice in Early Years
- Leadership in Early Years
- Effective Assessment in the Early Years
- Early Years Network Meetings
- The Class with No Roof: Developing Effective Outdoor Provision in Early Years
- The Wonder of Mathematics in Early Years
- Explore, Investigate, Motivate - Science in Early Years
- Effective Communicators: Enabling Confident Talkers, Readers & Writers in Early Years
- Science Subject Leaders Briefings and Best Practice
- Bringing Science to Life - Skills, Links & Creativity in KS1 Science
- Bringing Science to Life - Skills, Links and Creativity in KS2 Science
- Science Assessment & Subject Knowledge for Head Teachers
- Science Assessment Update
- Working Scientifically Through KS2
- Y3/4 Writing Network
- Subject Knowledge & Planning in Y5/6
- Y1 Network
- Subject Knowledge & Planning in Y2
- Reading Network
- English Subject Leader Briefings
- Using Creative & Engaging Lessons to Improve Attainment in Phonics
- Revising and Editing
- Writing Assessment in Y6
- Developing Dyslexia Friendly Strategies
- Understanding Greater Depth in Writing in Yr6
- Writing Assessment in Y2
- Writing Assessment in Y5
- Greater Depth in Writing Y2-5
- Y6 Moderation Clinics
- Year 2 Moderation Clinics
- Thinking Hats for Guided Reading
- Y3 & Y4 Moderation
- Y5 Moderation
- Religious Education
- Joint INSET - Oracy into Writing
CANCELLED - Raising Outcomes in Maths
Last Booking Date: 17th September 2018
Struggling to maintain or raise your maths end of key stage results? Then why not attend our five session network. It is aimed at any school which needs to focus on raising pupil outcomes in mathematics - still a priority in our partnership.
Jane Jones HMI for Mathematics states that: "The main priorities for all primary schools need to be a better awareness of the NC aims and expectations, the development of mathematical reasoning across the mathematics curriculum and deepening learning of pupils who grasp ideas quickly. Schools also need to ensure that there is a clear progression within and across strands, that teacher assessment is accurate and questioning more often asks why and why not rather than how."
The first session of this network is a whole day, the other 3 sessions are half days, each with a gap task in between. Ideally the audience is the maths leader and another member of SLT to attend each session.
Aspects of Session 1: Raising the profile of mathematics in your school, changing mind set. Analysing your data and action planning
Aspects of Session 2: A whole school approach to fluency, reasoning and problem solving, changing pedagogy
Aspects of Session 3: A robust approach to teacher assessment - including the use of stem and hinge questions, triangulation of evidence – work scrutiny, pupil voice
Aspects of Session 4: Effective intervention and Good provision in EYFS.
Aspects of session 5:Cross curricular maths. Review of the year. What next for our school?
To support schools in self-evaluation and triangulation of evidence.
To support schools in changing mind set about mathematics for all.
To develop the skills to support pupils to be more independent in their maths.
To explore different examples of how you can implement a whole school approach to reasoning.
To have time for cross school moderation & discuss schools' assessment systems
To look at what makes intervention effective.
There will be many opportunities to work within your own school and cross schools groups through discussion and have time for reflection, to ask questions, debate and share ideas.
Staff are expected to attend all sessions o complete the gap tasks
Suitable for Head teachers / Deputies /Maths Subject Leaders
Aspects of Session 1:
Raising the profile of mathematics in your school, changing mind set. Analysing your data and action planning
Aspects of Session 2:
A whole school approach to fluency, reasoning and problem solving, changing pedagogy
Aspects of Session 3:
A robust approach to teacher assessment - including the use of stem and hinge questions, triangulation of evidence – work scrutiny, pupil voice
Aspects of Session 4:
Effective intervention and Good provision in EYFS.
Aspects of session 5:
Cross curricular maths. Review of the year. What next for our school?