A one day training event where we will explore developmentally appropriate strategies that engage and immerse children in rich communication, reading and writing opportunities. There will be the chance to stop and reflect on your own practice and provision and share with others what works well in your schools.
This full day training will enable practitioners to consider the following:
- Reflect on how our environment and routines (indoors and outdoors) enhances the acquisition of key skills in English.
- Strategies to support the development of talk and creating a communication friendly environment
- The developmental journey of effective talkers, readers and writers
- Using children’s interests to support planning and provision of key skills
- Exciting strategies that promote a positive culture and dispositions in reading and writing, including story scribing
- The role of the adult in supporting and challenging learning of key skills
WGSP Members: £95
Non Members: £140
Trainer: Helen Tate