Mathematics in the Early Years – discovering the true potential of all children’s mathematical knowledge through exploring mathematical concepts in different contexts.
This one-day course is suitable for early years teachers, teaching assistants, Maths subject leaders and senior members of staff
- To explore the developmental steps in early maths and how these can be supported in different contexts, including in children’s self-led play
- To consider how classroom routines and practice can further develop children’s understanding of mathematical skills and concepts.
- To consider how maths can be supported and developed through both the indoor and outdoor provision
- To share and discuss mathematical graphics and documentation in early years.
- To observe an ‘Explore Maths’ in action and share how it can be planned for.
With Helen Tate
Cost for members £95
Cost for non members £140