Mathematics in the Early Years – discovering the true potential of all children’s mathematical knowledge through exploring mathematical concepts in different contexts.
This one day course is suitable for early years teachers, teaching assistants, Maths subject leaders and senior members of staff
- To explore the developmental steps in early maths and how these can be supported in different contexts, including in children’s self-led play
- To consider how classroom routines and practice can further develop children’s understanding of mathematical skills and concepts.
- To consider how maths can be supported and developed through both the indoor and outdoor provision
- To share and discuss mathematical graphics and documentation in early years.
- To observe an ‘Explore Maths’ in action and share how it can be planned for.
WGSP Members: £95
Trainer: Helen Tate