During these webinars (2 x 2 hours), we will explore the key principles of effective transition and continuity for young children as they move from Early Years to KS1. The sessions will consider:
• The importance of an effective transition and what that may look and feel like for children and adults.
• The Early Years Foundation Stage Profile – what does the information mean for children and teachers in Year 1?
• How continuity of provision can support children as they move into a different learning space.
• How continuous provision can be used effectively in Y1 to support transition, key skill development and children’s natural interests.
• How we can work with families to make a smooth transition.
This would be a perfect opportunity for both Reception and Year 1 teachers to come together and share good practice, collaborating and considering opportunities for developing a smooth transition over the year.
Trainer: Helen Tate, Helen Tate Consultancy
Price for both sessions
WGSP Members: £55
Non Members: £70
Last Booking Date 19 September 2020