This course will support KS1 teachers in having a full understanding of what we mean by the term ‘greater depth’ , the characteristics of a ‘greater depth’ mathematician and how to cater for them in lessons.
We will look at:
- Planning opportunities within fluency for stretching greater depth pupils
- Using low threshold, high ceiling tasks
- Getting pupils to explain and reasoning using higher order sentence stems
- A range of resources
- To support teachers in identifying opportunities for deepening mathematics.
- To have a common understanding of ‘greater depth’
- To share practice and ask questions
Suitable for Year 1 & Year 2 Teachers / NQTs
Trainer: Liz Thomas, South Gloucs CC
WGSP Members £65
Non Members £80
Last Booking Date: 14th February 2020