This series of English Subject Leader Strategy Meetings will help to develop leadership skills such as monitoring, supporting colleagues and raising the profile of Literacy.
We will focus on what reading looks like across WGSP and will look at the use of data to identify and support lower and middle attainers. A reading review will be conducted in a WGSP school with subject leaders having the opportunity to observe and take part in the various activities, with a view to then being able to lead reviews in their own school or to be part of review teams in other schools.
The sessions will also look at the moderation of writing at the end of lower KS2 with a focus on lower / middle prior attainers
This year, there will also be two sessions on effective practice and provision in the teaching and application of key literacy skills in Early Years.
Trainer: Claire Ridsdale
Session Focus : Reading
- What does reading look like across WGSP schools and what does the data say?
- Research findings about effective practice.
- What are the issues with teaching reading?
- Strategies to support the effective teaching of reading.
- Your role as subject leader in supporting and monitoring reading across the school.
- Statutory assessment updates from STA.