Just a reminder that the
EYFS Cluster Meeting is Monday 18th November at Ruardean Woodside – 3.45pm
Focus: Practice Sharing
I thought I’d just plan a few items to start us off:
- How did those running the latest BASELINE get on?
- How is St Briavels getting on with White Rose Maths?
- How did the first term for Berry Hill’s NQ Teacher evolve? (Recent research suggests if you make the first 6 years, you’ll make it for a long time!)
In terms of Practice Sharing we were going to find out how different settings organise their daily itinerary/timetable.
It would be great if everyone could come ready to outline a ‘typical‘ day in their setting from the children coming into school to going home. Consider things such as:
- Greeting children at the start of the day including registration
- When/how Phonics/Maths is taught
- How freeflow or outside/inside play is managed
- Percentage of the day available for freeplay
- Grouping structures ie ability, holistic, natures etc
- Do children attend Collective Worship from day one?
- Saying goodbye to children at the end of the day
Looking forward to seeing you all.
From Heather Rowe
Hope Brook C of E Primary School