This series of Maths Subject Leader Strategy Meetings will help to develop leadership skills such as monitoring, supporting colleagues and raising the profile of mathematics. We will consider how to understand and address the gaps in learning for middle and lower attainers. We will look at the use of data to strategically plan mathematics and evaluate the use of the outdoor learning opportunities. This year, there will also be two sessions on effective practice and provision in the teaching and application of key maths skills in Early Years.
Session 4 Deep Dive 3:Outdoor maths learning and impact on standards
8th July 2021 Liz Thomas Session 4 Deep Dive 3:Outdoor maths learning and impact on standards
- To evaluate current outdoor learning opportunities and the impact on teaching and learning in maths.
- To explore how to use outdoor maths to enhance the curriculum and engage all learners.
- To review the year and action plan for 2021-22. This session will focus on completing a deep dive into outdoor learning in maths and the impact on your maths curriculum.
As part of this session we will:
- Review your current use of outdoor spaces
- Review your curriculum in light of how your school uses outdoor learning
- How to assess outdoor learning
- How to plan outdoor learning opportunities
We will also be reviewing end of Key Stage data and action planning for 2021-2022. Complete action plan
Lead staff training on better use of outdoor learning
Free of Charge to WGSP Members
Non Members £50 per session or £240 for all five sessions