This series of English Subject Leader Strategy Meetings will help to develop leadership skills such as monitoring, supporting colleagues and raising the profile of Literacy.
We will focus on what reading looks like across WGSP and will look at the use of data to identify and support lower and middle attainers. A reading review will be conducted in a WGSP school with subject leaders having the opportunity to observe and take part in the various activities, with a view to then being able to lead reviews in their own school or to be part of review teams in other schools.
The sessions will also look at the moderation of writing at the end of lower KS2 with a focus on lower / middle prior attainers
This year, there will also be two sessions on effective practice and provision in the teaching and application of key literacy skills in Early Years.
Details of the sessions and gap tasks are below:
10th March 2021 Claire Ridsdale
• Reading review feedback and discussion from subject leaders that were part of the team.
• Interpreting whole school English data (using the 2019 data set).
• How lower and middle prior attainers can be identified and supported.
• Consideration of the questions that your data raises and how these can be further investigated.
Session 5 Moderation
8th July 2021 Claire Ridsdale
• How good is writing at the end of lower KS2?
• What does writing that’s meeting the standard at the end of Year 4 look like?
• Moderation of lower/middle prior attainers’ writing from your own school.
• How accurate is teacher assessment and what are the key development points?